Crochet a star applique - a great stash buster idea

A very short post on my yarn stash buster project.   Just finished doing some beanies, so still have bits of pink, blue and white yarn left. Found this on pinterest, thought I try it myself.

Some other crochet motifs I would like to try would be: animals, heart shapes, flowers, butterflies, birds, Christmas motifs for tree decoration etc.  Maybe incorporate these motifs into scrapbooking project, gift tags or greeting cards.  Just keep a stash handy for some craft ideas in future.

This is the pattern where I got my star appliqué from:
http://www.lovecityblog.com/2013/07/crochet-love-star-applique.html#.VakNuGDHJwS

Materials used:

Pink 8 ply acrylic yarn
machine washable yarn
hook size 4.50mm

crochet star applique
crochet star appique or decor for Christmas tree?

Other ideas of using this star motif:  join stars into a mini blanket?  make it as part of a headband?  a great way to use up bits of left over yarn


Comments