lemon cake

Another attempt on baking this weekend


This was where I got my lemon cake recipe from.  I used a 21cm springform cake tin for this cake.  It did not seem to "rise" much, but it was delicious, especially after I added a thin layer of icing on it, but you don't see it.  You can taste it though.

This will feed hungry tummies during morning and afternoon tea break, when hunger sets in or when I have a bit of sweet craving.

Resting the cake after it has been left in the tin for 15 minutes.  Now it is on the cooling rack to cool down completely before I pour some icing sugar glaze over it.  Icing glaze is made of 1.5-2 cups of icing sugar mixture, with 1 cup milk, just warm it in a pot over warm stove top, enough to melt the icing.  Just stir the icing mixture to prevent lumps.  Cool for few minutes before pouring over the cake, the glaze will flow and drip over the edges of the cake.

Lemon cake
Lemon cake

Lemon cake
Lemon cake

This was where the original recipe came from, I followed it in my attempt.  Do check it out:
http://www.cookrepublic.com/lemon-cake/

It will be one of those go to recipes when I need to whip up a simple and quick cake for morning tea or afternoon tea.  Great for when I am on morning tea roster at church.  Will try it again...

Comments